Join thousands of goalmappers who encourage each other to reach their life goals on the goalmap app and boost your motivation to stick to your resolutions.

Download goalmap

Karen on Sep 27, 2017 at 11:12:20 PM

Any suggestions how to give up sugar? And stick with healthier lifestyle?

AT on Sep 30, 2017 at 4:01:08 PM

I've found if you give up one item you really like - day soda - rather than all sugars and kewl building on that list it's a lot easier. However, it works best to start with foods you like the most helps build the habit (because this is what you would gravitate to) but isn't cold turkey. Giving up macaroons when it's a 3rd tier reward doesn't work.

Damien @goalmap on Nov 12, 2017 at 10:00:59 AM

You can start by replacing snacks with fruits, or not buying sodas.

Ellen on Nov 15, 2017 at 11:48:48 AM

Just be strong the less you intake the less you crave! ( of sugar not food in general)

Isla on Nov 19, 2017 at 9:25:45 PM

I have found that snacking on sugar free gum when I get sugar cravings helps, plus it’s supposed to be good for your gums

Jessi on Dec 10, 2017 at 9:22:50 PM

Definitely starting small. I'm starting by cutting down on soda, and will eventually give it up entirely

Jake on Jan 3, 2018 at 6:45:47 PM

It is recommended, as someone as said previously, to reduce one item at a time. You can decide if you want to reduce one item per day or per week for example. The longer transition time you give yourself usually the better the results. Start with the big ones, soda, candy etc. But later on make sure you are checking food labels, as some products will have a lot of sugar that you don't realise. Eventually your cravings will decrease and it will become much easier.

Chad on Jan 16, 2018 at 12:10:53 AM

I have to take it one item at a time. With soda, I replace it with crystal light at first, which still isn’t the best, but it’s much better for me than soda. Then I start working down the other things. Soda is my go to so that is my hardest vice to get rid of

Lauri on Jan 16, 2018 at 1:46:42 AM

Might want to look at the book 21 day sugar detox by Diane Sanfilippo

Deleted account on Feb 15, 2018 at 10:45:56 AM

I struggled with this, then one day when I ran out of sugar, I used honey instead then after the third time using honey, I was hooked... No more sugar.