Join thousands of goalmappers who encourage each other to reach their life goals on the goalmap app and boost your motivation to stick to your resolutions.

Download goalmap

Kristie on Aug 15, 2017 at 4:16:26 PM

It's my goal to lose weight for a wedding. At the moment I'm really struggling with weak will power. What does everyone do to stop them from breaking down and giving in to temptation? I'm feeling very disappointed with myself.

Monty on Aug 17, 2017 at 9:03:20 PM

This works for me at least, but dieting and working out works best with someone close to you, ask a friend or family member to help out that way you can both make sure the other is on track :) hope this helps.

Damien @goalmap on Aug 24, 2017 at 12:13:12 PM

Hi Christie, Monty's idea to pair up with someone is great. You can also set a reward that you will offer to yourself for achieving a certain milestone. Don't judge yourself too harshly, it's ok not to be strong all the time

Damien @goalmap on Aug 24, 2017 at 12:13:45 PM

Sorry, *Kristie

Tonette on Aug 28, 2017 at 11:36:12 PM

Pairing up and rewards are great for support. And encouragement, which helps sustain your endurance when making a lifestyle change such as this. I always recommend moderation and modification to my clients. This process is gradual! We focus more on proper portion control and swapping out foods that domt serve your goal for those that do...

Tonette on Aug 28, 2017 at 11:41:29 PM

... This method requires less effort and ensures lasting results. Mindset is everything. I understand that your inspiration is the wedding but consider backing it with a vision that brings you joy. Maybe the areas that will improve due to this accomplishment. Think of it as an adventure and less of a sacrifice and you'll be surprised what you can accomplish in a short time...

Tonette on Aug 28, 2017 at 11:42:29 PM

...Wishing you health and happiness Kristie! 😘

Tiffany on Sep 5, 2017 at 11:29:05 PM

I try to focus on what I CAN have. Aka. I can't have that delicious double double from In-N-Out - - UNTIL I hit my goal weight and can transition into "maintain" and use it as a cheat meal

Amanda on Jun 18, 2018 at 6:23:21 PM

Monty's idea is great, and I couple that with daily motivational practices. I look to someone who is achieving in a way I want to achieve, and I absorb as much of their advice as I can. I watch motivational videos when I don't want to go to the gym, and sometimes I don't think past the next step; pack gym bag, get in the car, drive to the gym, and now I'm here so I might as well work out. Just little ways that I get myself there. Motivation and will power are not finite. Fill them up daily.