Join thousands of goalmappers who encourage each other to reach their life goals on the goalmap app and boost your motivation to stick to your resolutions.

Download goalmap

Jade on Nov 12, 2018 at 8:16:50 AM

I've been dealing with low self-esteem since I was in elementary school, as sad as it is it's true. I want to be able to change for myself for the better (eating better, exercising, and cutting bad people out of my life etc) but I get unmotivated and feel worse about myself. Any advice? I just turned 18 years old and I feel like I didn't really get to enjoy my childhood because of the insecurities I have..

Sarah on Nov 12, 2018 at 6:49:25 PM

Remember every day is a new beginning. What's more important in reaching a goal is perseverance. And it's not about how many times you don't fall but about how many times you get up from those falls and try again (((Which you have been doing))). Falling doesn't mean you failed. Because a fall isn't the end. I have struggled a lot in life too and I'm still only 23. You are on a good path if you keep reminding on where you are going (goals) and trying more to enjoy the good moments along the way.

Youve on Nov 19, 2018 at 3:52:26 PM

I think the first stem of everything is realization, realize that there's something wrong with you and that you want to change, I've battled and still battling so many things at times it's overwhelming, depression, anxieties, low self-esteem, inferiority complex, overthinking, long time ago it was so bad I wouldn't even go to any gathering to be with friends because there's always something and I was miserable and unhappy, I hated it and took the initiative to change that, I started to get to me

Youve on Nov 19, 2018 at 3:54:38 PM

Do things that terrifies me, get rid of people that I feel like aren't servicing any purpose, those people that make you unhappy instead of being a comforter, find things that you're passionate about, getting to know yourself and loving yourself for who you are is the best way to start

Muhiddin on Nov 24, 2018 at 4:49:33 PM

I know what you're talking about as I was in your shoes just a few years ago but then i decided that i was gonna do smth about it. So i began looking for ways to get out of my comfort zone and found that the best way to do that is talking to strangers in public and you can do it too. There are simple steps you can take to take your life to a whole new level. You can text me if you wanna know the details.

Kimberly on Nov 27, 2018 at 9:15:29 AM

I know how it feels. The thing that helped me most was working as a sales-girl. This required talking and helping people I didn’t know but I felt satisfied after each day. I met new people, made new friends in which all of them helped me set my character better. I used my satisfaction as motivation! Found time to study several subjects on my own, go to the gym, and enjoy time with my family and friends. When I look back I feel nothing but pride and motivation to keep getting forward. Stay strong

Deleted account on Nov 29, 2018 at 1:56:10 PM

Best advice a friend gave me is "Know who you are!"....I spent my whole life in shame because of someone elses unhappiness and carried it with me even longer. Everytime I feel lost I try and learn more about myself and then my confidence as well as motivation really jump starts. Underatanding yourself will help you understand others.

Tenzin on Feb 26, 2019 at 3:05:21 PM

First things first, if you are really writing this out of true devotion to the cause then believe me you are not lost. You still love yourself and that is a very hopeful thing. But know that when you try living life through the perspective of others then you are betraying yourself. And what worse than to conspire your own doom. Best of luck and hope you see yourself when you are taking care of yourself and not the ideals of other.

Tenzin on Feb 26, 2019 at 3:09:37 PM

P.S. I know it's not easy but believe me when I am saying that you can do it; I am not patronizing you but trying to see a hope for me too along the way. Sorry and I am not judging anyone because if you know how insecurities work then you know I am busy judging myself the most. Best of luck.