Join thousands of goalmappers who encourage each other to reach their life goals on the goalmap app and boost your motivation to stick to your resolutions.

Download goalmap

Ariana on Apr 30, 2017 at 7:59:24 PM

Any tips on breaking the habit of nail biting? Ive been doing it for 6-7 years and always wanted to quit but do it to combat stress and anxiety.

Antonia on May 3, 2017 at 10:23:48 PM

You should try painting your nails, this worked for me.

Brooke on May 5, 2017 at 1:43:21 PM

I got hypnotherapy for it and haven't bit mine since!! Definitely worth the money!

Marinel on May 13, 2017 at 3:53:28 AM

Painting your nails may help but it won't fight the urge of biting. I used to bite my nails as well. I got an acrylic full set of nails and it helps with the biting. You might still find your do gets in your mouth but it will be difficult to actually bite them. I don't know how girly you are but if you're willing to try, this might work.

Praveen on May 23, 2017 at 11:37:54 PM

Try to be aware while you are biting. Once you are aware of it. It easy to reduce this habit or replace with another good habit. It's happening while you are thinking too much, calm down, monitor your thoughts, if you write down your thought in journal it will help to clear your mind which ultimately reduce your biting habit

Beth on Jun 4, 2017 at 1:04:11 AM

After biting my nails for 40 years, my nephew told me he keeps a small pair of nail clippers in his pocket and clips when the urge to bite strikes. I immediately began this technique, and before long, I was averse to biting them. Several times I have grown them long and kept them manicured, but I need to clip to reduce anxiety. Another action has to replace it for me.

Lena on Jun 24, 2017 at 3:24:42 PM

I stopped nail biting with a special nail polish that doesn't taste good, maybe that could help you as well :)

Bartosz on Jul 1, 2017 at 10:32:38 PM

Try fidget spinner :)

Danielle on Mar 10, 2018 at 10:21:23 PM

If you did your fingertips in hydrogen peroxide, they'll taste bad and deter you from biting them