Join thousands of goalmappers who encourage each other to reach their life goals on the goalmap app and boost your motivation to stick to your resolutions.

Download goalmap

Hector on Feb 24, 2017 at 11:46:10 AM

Hi all, I'm Hector from Madrid

I'm just wondering if you have specifics techniques to motivate yourself when waking up. I set the alarm at 8 but I stay in bed until 9.

I am all ears :)

Arthur on Feb 26, 2017 at 9:12:20 AM

Hi Hector, I would say: put your alarm clock at the other side of the room, plan an exciting breakfast and activities in the morning to be motivated to go out of bed + no mobile phones in the bed !

Dawn on Feb 27, 2017 at 4:31:03 AM

As my husband always says just put your feet on the ground....just do it:)

Reza on Feb 28, 2017 at 5:42:25 AM

For motivation you should have goals , to have a real achievable goal, you must understand why you want it, how you're gonna achieve it and what results this goal will result, start with simple goals and make it harder step by step. Achieving little good results are gonna keep u motivated.

rohan on Mar 14, 2017 at 9:01:02 AM

I agree with Reza. Goals are vital for this. You can also try the 5 second rule. Basically imagine that NASA is there and you are a rocket. Get up in that first 5 seconds or your brain will kick in

Karen on Mar 23, 2017 at 3:21:32 AM

Try some stretches in bed first to get the blood flowing. Upon waking, drink a glass of lemon water to remove toxins and give you a boost!

Manolito on Mar 23, 2017 at 5:32:32 PM

5 Second Rule by Mel Robinson. This action rule takes away the excuse of having motivation and waiting for that certain feeling or outside stimulant to get you out of bed. 5,4,3,2,1. Get Up!!

Anuraag on Apr 2, 2017 at 8:36:54 AM

Try the alarmy app. You will not be able to sleep post your set alarm time. Thank me later 😁

Janine McKW on Apr 28, 2017 at 7:08:35 AM

I use an app that makes me complete puzzles before it will turn off.

Ariana on Apr 30, 2017 at 7:48:40 PM

You could reward yourself and do light yoga.

Praveen on May 23, 2017 at 11:47:53 PM

Sleep early and practice deep sleep. Waking up early is 100% depends on how deeply you sleep last night. Focus completely on sleeping early. Some tips 1. Have hot water bath before sleep

2. Drink warm milk

3. Shut down TV and Internet, mobile before 1 hour of sleeping time

4. Write down your thoughts, to do list etc in journal so it will not bother you to sleep early